3 Days Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park
3 Days chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park starts and ends in Kigali the capital city of Rwanda and takes primates lovers on an adventurous Rwanda safari to Nyungwe forest national park which is one of the most visited park in Rwanda. Nyungwe forest national park is a home to 13 primate species equivalent to those in Kibale forest national park of Uganda. So while on this 3 days chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park, expect to encounter the chimpanzees which are the major primates of the park, Olive baboons, Rwenzori Colobus monkeys, Silver monkeys, Owl faced monkeys, L’Hoest’s monkey among others without forgetting to encounter with some mammals, several bird species, butterflies and identifying different plant species all thrill in their natural habitats in Nyungwe forest national park.
Highlights of 3 Days Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 3: Drive back to Kigali
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe forest national park
- Transfer to Nyungwe forest national park: Early in the morning on day 1 of 3 days chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park, you will be met by our company representative in Rwanda who will give you a briefing about this 3 days adventure in the land of a thousand hills as you embark on a brief Kigali city tour to explore different part s of the city including the genocide memorial sites, the market to visit some crafts and souvenirs among others. After the city tour, you will embark on 6-7 hours road drive to Nyungwe forest national park via thrilling vegetation cover, coffee plantations, tea plantations, rolling hills and many other eye catching attractions along the way without forgetting a view of Virunga national park and volcanoes in it and the stunning lake kivu. Lunch will be enjoyed along the way and upon arrival at the lodge in the evening, you will check in for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park
- Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park: Enjoy a heavy breakfast on the 2nd day of 3 days chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest, pack some snacks, drinking water and wear your best attire ready for an adventure in the jungle. Meet your safari driver for a drive to the park headquarters for briefing about the expectations, possible encounters, dos and don’ts while in the habitat of the endangered chimpanzees and finally hire a porter to set off on the real practical walk in the forest amidst armed rangers and local tour guides as you trek via different trails searching for the habituated chimpanzees available for trekking. During chimpanzee trekking, keep on the lookout for a possible opportunity to view other wildlife that reside in the forest together with the chimpanzees and these include other primates, mammals, birds a, butterflies and different plants among others. The trek takes about 3o minutes to 2 or 3 hours depending on the speed used by trekkers and how fast the chimpanzees have moved as they usually roam the forest in search of shoots and other foods to consume. Well, after finding the chimpanzees, you will spend one with them taking photographs and observing their characters and manners while observing the rules and regulations given by the rangers while on briefing. An hour will vanish just in a blink of an eye and you have to trek back to the starting point, meet your safari driver and be returned back to the lodge for lunch. You may decide to spend your evening at leisure of head out for a walk as Nyungwe forest offers best walking trails including the canopy walk that is the best canopy in the world, water fall trail, Congo divide trail among others starting from a few minutes to several hours.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 3: Drive back to Kigali
- Drive back to Kigali: Wake up on a relaxed breakfast at the comfort of your lodge on day 3 of 3 days chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park, check out of the lodge, and meet your safari driver to embark on the journey from Nyungwe forest national park with an enroute lunch. Upon arrival to Kigali, you will either be dropped off at your hotel or direct to Kigali international airport for departures to the next destination or back home.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
END OF 3 DAYS CHIMPANZEE TREKKING IN NYUNGWE FOREST NATIONAL PARK
Inclusive in 3 days chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe
- Kigali pick up and drop off
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Accommodation for 2 nights
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- An English speaking safari driver /Guide
- Drinking water
Exclusive in 3 days chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe
- Air ticket
- Porter hire
- Optional activities
- Additional accommodation
- Other drinks apart from water
- Life insurance