9 days Uganda and Kenya safari
9 days Uganda and Kenya safari: 9 days in Uganda and Kenya on a safari provides details of a trip around different wildlife viewing destinations across borders starting with a gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park and then crossing over to Kenya in Tsavo east national park and lastly Amboseli national park to see a variety of attractions and different activities as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of 9 days Uganda and Kenya safari
- Day 1; pick up and drive to Bwindi national park
- Day 2; gorilla trekking
- Day 3; drive to Entebbe
- Day 4; flight to Nairobi and city tour
- Day 5; drive to Tsavo east national park
- Day 6; full day in Tsavo east national park
- Day 7; drive to Amboseli national park
- Day 8; full day in Amboseli national park
- Day 9; drive to Nairobi
Day 1; pick up and drive to Bwindi national park
- pick up and drive to Bwindi national park: Your guide will pick you up from Entebbe international airport and you will be welcomed and also have a short briefing about your safari. You will proceed continue your journey to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park. You will have a stop in Mbarara where you will have your lunch and also interact with the local community.
- After your lunch, your guide will drive you to the national park for check in at your lodge as you prepare to have your dinner and to spend your night in the comfort of your lodge as you wait for the next day’s activity.
Day 2; gorilla trekking
- gorilla trekking: You will have breakfast served at your lodge early in the morning ahead of your gorilla trekking activity in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park. You will be driven to the parks headquarters for a briefing by the park officials and you will be guided about different procedures of gorilla trekking.
- After briefing, you will proceed into the Bwindi forest in your different groups following different trails as you search for the gorillas in their natural habitat. During your gorilla trekking activity, you will also see various bird species in the forest as well as other primate species such as black and white colobus monkeys, grey cheeked mangabeys, and red tailed monkeys among others. You will spend about 1 hour with the gorillas and then you will return to the briefing point and you guide will drive you back to your lodge. Later in the evening, you will have a community visit to spend time and interact with the Batwa community who were forest dwellers in the Bwindi forest. You will return to your lodge for dinner and to spend the night after your Batwa experience.
Day 3; drive to Entebbe
- drive to Entebbe: On the 3rd day of your Uganda safari, you will start your day with breakfast before checking out of your lodge. Your guide will drive you to Mbarara for lunch and also for a visit to Igongo cultural center for a cultural experience of the culture of the Ankole people. During your tour around the cultural center, you will see different art and craftwork of the Ankole people and you will also learn more about their history and their cattle.
- You will continue your journey to Entebbe after your Igongo cultural center tour and your guide will drop you off at your hotel where you will check-in and prepare for your dinner and a night at the hotel.
Day 4; flight to Nairobi and city tour
- flight to Nairobi and city tour: After breakfast and checking out of your hotel in Entebbe, your guide will drive you to Entebbe international airport for your flight to Nairobi. You will be picked up upon arrival in Nairobi and your guide will drive you to your hotel for check-in and to have your lunch.
- You will later have a city tour to experience the beauty of Nairobi city. You will visit different places in the city such as the local markets, the national museum as well as a visit to the giraffe center. You will return to your hotel to spend the night and to have your dinner.
Day 5; drive to Tsavo east national park
- drive to Tsavo east: You will have breakfast at your hotel in Nairobi before checking out and continuing your journey to Tsavo east national park for an amazing wildlife viewing experience. You will have an en route game drive on your way to your lodge for check-in.
- After enjoying your lunch, you will have a game drive in the savannah plains of Tsavo east national park as you search for wildlife species such as elands, hartebeests, lions, leopards, buffalos, rhinos, giraffes, duikers among others. A variety of bird species can also be spotted in the national park and they include kingfishers, kestrels, herons, secretary birds and many others. You will be driven back to your lodge as you enjoy the sunset and photography of the colorful scenery. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge.
Day 6; full day in Tsavo east national park
- full day in Tsavo east: You will spend a whole day in the Tsavo east national park after you have had your breakfast at your lodge. Your guide will drive you around the savannah plains as you search for wildlife species grazing and hunting for prey since they are very active during the morning. Wildlife species in this national park include elephants, buffalos, antelopes, zebras, impalas as well as predators like lions, leopards, and cheetahs.
- You will enjoy your packed lunch in the wilderness of the national park as you enjoy the beautiful scenery and also take some photos. After your lunch, you will have another wildlife viewing experience as you look out for more wildlife at different locations within Tsavo east national park. You will be driven back to your lodge for your dinner and to spend the night as the day before.
Day 7; drive to Amboseli national park
- drive to Amboseli: You will have breakfast before checking out of your lodge in Tsavo east national park and having an en route wildlife viewing experience on your way to another wildlife viewing destination which is Amboseli national park.
- You will enjoy views of the snowcapped Mt Kilimanjaro during your drive in Amboseli national park on the way to your lodge for check in after which you will have your lunch. You will see many elephants moving in their herds during your visit to this national park as well as other wildlife species during your game drive later in the evening. You will enjoy photography in the savannah plains of the national park with the back drop of the Kilimanjaro ranges. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge after your game drive.
Day 8; Full day in Amboseli national park
- Full day in Amboseli: Wake up to an early breakfast at your lodge as you prepare for a morning game drive in Amboseli national park to search for wildlife species such as the elephant herds, leopards, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras, gazelles among others and also different bird species at birding spots around the national park.
- You will have a lunch break at your lodge and spend some relaxing time at your lodge ahead of your evening game drive. You will enjoy the sunset as you drive around Tsavo east national park and explore its wilderness and search for wildlife species. You will return to your lodge for dinner and to spend the night.
Day 9; drive to Nairobi
- drive to Nairobi: After breakfast and checking out of your lodge in Amboseli national park, you will continue your drive to Nairobi. You will have an en route game drive in the national park to get a glimpse of the wildlife species as they feed and bask in the morning sun as you continue your journey to Nairobi where your guide will drop you off at a location of your preference marking the end of your safari.
End of 9 days Uganda and Kenya safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide / driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
- Gorilla trekking fees
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before / after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities