2 Days Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest National Park
2 days Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest national park is amongst the shortest Uganda primate tours starting and ending in Kampala Uganda. Kibale forest national park is situated in Western part of Uganda about 5-6 hours road drive from the Capital city of Uganda Kampala thus some people can actually drive from Kampala to Kibale and engage in an afternoon Chimpanzee trekking activity. However, this is only possible for travelers who spend an overnight in Kampala and are willing to wake up as early as possible to hit the road by 6:00am, local time such that by 11:30am they be at the park to join other trekkers. This however is stressful as in case of any hindrance such as mechanical breakdown or any other hindrance, the trekkers are likely to miss up the activity and the fee isn’t refundable. According to this itinerary, you will start your journey Kampala on the 1st day of your safari and drive to Kibale forest national park for overnight then trek the chimpanzees the following day when you are fresh. After trekking chimpanzees which is a half day activity, you will drive back to Kampala for departures. This 2 days Chimpanzee trekking safari includes 2 days and one night excursion.
Highlights of 2 days Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest national park
- Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Kibale forest national park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and drive back to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale forest national park
- Transfer to Kibale forest national park: On day 1 of 2 days Chimpanzee trekking safari, our company representative will pick you up either from your hotel in Kampala or welcome you direct from Entebbe international airport upon landing. However, in case you are landing on the 1st day of your safari, ensure that you land before 12pm to cater for enough time for a drive to Kibale forest national park. Well, our representative who is your safari driver/guide will brief you about this 2 days Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest national park as you drive heading towards Kampala – Mityana road and proceed with the journey Mubende to fortpotal where Kibale forest national park is situated. Lunch will be enroute and depending on your arrival time, you will check in the lodge for dinner and overnight as you wait for the next day’s activity.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and drive back to Kampala
- Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest national park: Arise from your bed early in the morning for breakfast on day 2 of 2 days Chimpanzee trekking safari which is yet the last day of your safari. After breakfast, pack all that you require for a successful chimpanzee trekking adventure such as snacks, drinking water, rain jacket and grab your backpack while wearing your trekking gear including a pair of water proof hiking boat, long sleeved attire, a cap, sunglasses and insect repellant and you meet your safari driver to be transferred to Kanyanchu visitors center for a pre briefing. After briefing, grab a hiking stick, hire a porter in case you need one and alongside other trekkers, armed rangers and local tour guides will set off into Kibale forest to start the search of habituated chimpanzees for trekking. The journey in the forest as you search for chimpanzees is so adventurous and rewarding with a lot of possible encounters including other primates since the forest is a primate haven with 13 primate species such as Vervet monkeys, Red tailed monkeys, L’Hoest’s monkeys, blue monkeys, Olive baboons, Pottos, Bush babies, Mangabey monkeys, Black and white Colobus monkeys and many others. You will also encounter with some mammals such as Sitatungas, forest hogs, warthogs, bushbucks, plenty of forest birds and migratory birds among others. The journey in the forest takes about 2-5 hours depending on the movement of the chimpanzees and once you finally get closer to them, you will spend one hour of interaction, photo taking and close viewing at a distance of 7meters between you and the chimpanzees. Return to Kanyanchu after spending an hour with chimpanzees to meet your safari driver and be driven back to your lodge for Lunch.
- After lunch, freshen up, check out and embark on the road drive from Kibale forest national park back to Kampala where you will arrive in the evening and be dropped off at your earlier communicated location be it the hotel or Entebbe international airport and your 2 days Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest national park will be done.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
END OF 2 DAYS CHIMPANZEE TREKKING IN KIBALE FOREST NATIONAL PARK
Inclusive in 2 days Chimpanzee trekking safari
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- An English speaking guide
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- Meals will be as per itinerary
- Accommodation for 1 night
- Pick up and drop-offs
- Bottle drinking water
Exclusive in 2 days Chimpanzee trekking safari
- Air ticket
- Optional activities
- Addition accommodation
- Other expenses of personal nature