2 Days Jinja White Water Rafting & Source of the Nile
2 Days Jinja White Water Rafting & Source of the Nile: This 2 days Jinja white water rafting and source of the Nile both a visit to the Source of the Nile River and Nile white water rafting without forgetting a stopover at Mabira forest for optional activities including Zip Lining, birding, Mangabey monkey tracking, forest walk among others. 2 days Jinja Nile Safari includes 2 days and one night starting and ending in Kampala or Entebbe. Packing list for 2 days Jinja Nile Safari include; a pair of binoculars for bird lovers, Light clothes, sun glasses, sun screen among others.
Highlights of 2 Days Jinja White Water Rafting & Source of the Nile
- Day 1: Transfer to Jinja and Visit source of the Nile – Mabira
- Day 2: White water rafting and return to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Jinja and visit source of the Nile
- Transfer to Jinja and visit source of the Nile: Early in the morning on day 1 of 2 days Jinja white water rafting Safari, you will be picked up from your hotel in Kampala or Entebbe and set off on a road drive heading to Jinja which is a one hour and 30 minutes. You will enjoy a stopover along the way to buy some gonja and chicken then have another stopover at Sezibwa falls along Kyanja trading center. Sezibwa falls are very crucial in Buganda kingdom as they believe that their ancestors are found along this waterfall. Another stopover will be at Mabira National Forest Reserve which is still one of the best natural forest in Uganda where Mangabey monkeys are tracked and also the best stopover for birders as the forest thrills with a good population of bird species. Mabira forest is so stunning to the viewer and if possible, you may opt to engage in some activities such as Forest walk to encounter with different forest species both fauna and flora species, take up a zip lining as mabira offers the best Zip lining experience in Uganda. After spending some time in Mabira forest, return to the road and drive direct to Jinja where you are expected to arrive in time for lunch. Have your lunch and proceed for a boat cruise to the source of Nile River as it was confirmed by explorer Speke. This boat cruise is rewarding as it gives you an opportunity to spot lots of attractions including the Speke Momentum and other attractions along the shores of river Nile. After exploring the origin of Nile River, you will head back to your hotel and spend some time on a Jinja city tour visiting different parts this wonderful Jinja city before retiring for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Jinja white water rafting and return to Kampala for departures
- Jinja white water rafting: On day 2 of 2 days Jinja white water rafting and source of the Nile, arise in full gear for an early breakfast, then embark on a brief Jinja city tour to explore the remaining parts of the city which weren’t accessed the previous evening. These include the Kings palace, market centers, Mahatma Ghandi statue, and some ancestral homes for the Basoga, craft shops among others then embark on the drive direct to the waterfall where you will be briefed about the dos and don’ts while on White water rafting. This briefing will introduce you to what white water rafting means even if it’s your fast time to do rafting, you will be well briefed and at the end of the day, you will enjoy the adventure. White water rafting is considered a halt day adventure and one chooses the water grade they intend to raft as Jinja has up to grade 5. After white water rafting, you may have other optional activities such as Kayaking, Quad biking, Bungee jumping, and many more then finally enjoy your late lunch and meet your safari driver for a drive back to Kampala/ Entebbe for departures.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
END OF THE 2 DAYS JINJA NILE SAFARI
Inclusive in 2 days Jinja Nile Safari
- Pick up and drop off
- A 4×4 safari vehicle and fuel
- An English speaking guide
- All meals as stated in the itinerary
- A white water rafting permit
- All mentioned activities
- Accommodation for one night in Jinja
- Enough drinking water
Exclusive in 2 days Jinja Nile Safari
- International travel expenses including Visa and air ticket
- Tip fees
- Optional activities
- Additional accommodations before or after the safari
- Laundry fees
- Life insurance
- Other drinks apart from water.