1 Day Jinja White Water Rafting Safari
1 Day Jinja White Water Rafting Safari: This is a 1 day Jinja safari will take you on an adventurous safari for white water rafting at Itanda waterfall in Jinja where you will raft up to grade five. Being a half day activity that lasts about 5-6 hours, you will enjoy a stopover at Sezibwa waterfalls and Mabira forest reserve on the way back from Jinja to Kampala which are the major stopovers for almost all tourist on a Uganda safari to Jinja as they are situated along Kampala Jinja road. 1 day Jinja safari starts and ends in Kampala/ Entebbe.
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Jinja for white water rafting and return to Kampala for departures
- Jinja white water rafting and return to Kampala for departures: Early in the morning at around 6:00 am on day 1 of 1 day Jinja safari, you will be ready for hotel pickup at your designated hotel as communicated earlier in either Kampala or Entebbe by our company representative who is your safari driver/ guide and start the 1 hour and 30 minutes road drive heading to Jinja. The journey is indeed short and very rewarding with plenty of things to see along the way including the local community members as they go on with their daily activities in their farms, have a clear view of the sugarcane plantations and tea plantations which are the major cash crops in Jinja and many more attractions that will make your 1 day Uganda safari indeed an adventurous one. You will also be able to buy some snacks along the way such as roasted gonja and chicken which are sold alongside the road. Proceed your journey direct to Jinja to catch up with white water rafting. Upon arrival, you will join other travelers for a briefing about this adventurous activity, choose the grade of the wave you intend to raft and then be driven to the starting point to start your day on Nile River. The total rafting activity will take you about 5-6 hours but there are other activities that you may engage in after rafting only if time allows and these include; Bungee jumping, Quad biking, Kayaking, and other sport activities along the Nile River. After rafting, you will enjoy a late meal for lunch then meet your safari driver to start the journey from Jinja back to Kampala. Depending on flight details, I recommend an optional stopover at Sezibwa falls where the ancestors of Buganda kingdom reside and then at Mabira forest for a few hours taking part in some activities such as Zip lining, birding, Mangabey monkey tracking, and nature walk among others as you witness the true nature of a natural tropical rain forest in Uganda. Mabira forest is situated just 45minutes drive from Jinja to Kampala. After exploring Mabira forest, you will drive direct to Kampala either for hotel drop off or be transferred direct to Entebbe international airport for departures.
Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
END OF 1 DAY JINJA WHITE WATER RAFTING SAFARI
Inclusive in 1 day Jinja white water rafting safari
- Pick up and drop off
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- English speaking guide/ driver
- White water rafting fees
- Drinking water throughout the safari
- Meals as per itinerary (Lunch)
Exclusive in 1 day Jinja safari
- International travel expenses that is Visa and ticket fees
- Laundry fees
- Optional activities
- Life insurance
- Tips to the driver
- Other drinks apart from water
- Additional meals
- Other personal expenses such as Airtime, emails, cigars, crafts, souvenirs etc.
Conclusion: White water rafting is always the top thing done by almost every traveler on a Uganda safari to Jinja. This can be combined together with a visit to the source of the Nile River, Jinja city tour to experience one of the most beautiful city in Uganda free from pollution and noise. It can also be combined with a visit to Mabira forest reserve and Sezibwa water falls.