AKAGERA NATIONAL PARK FEES
Akagera National Park Fees : Akagera national park is one of the greatest tourist destinations in Rwanda and the only savannah national park, the park is also the largest national park in Rwanda covering an area of 1,122 square kilomeers. Akagera national park is located in the North Eastern part of Rwanda, the park was first gazetted as a national park in 1934 by the Belgian colonial government which makes it one of the oldest protected area on the africa continent.
Akagera national park is a must visit national park while on a Rwanda wildlife safari and below are the Akagera Park fees.
Akagera Management Company – Pricing for Akagera National Park 2021:
|Entry fee / self-drive permit||Details||1 Day/Night||2 Nights||3 Nights|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizen||Per person||~16||15,000||~24||22,500||~32||30,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizen 6 – 12||~|11||10,000||~16||15,000||~21||20,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Resident 6 – 12||30||45||60|
|International Visitor 6 – 12||50||75||100|
Children of 5 years or below do not pay entry fees
Entry fees are not charged to tourists staying in Akagera beyond 3 nights for up to one week
OTHER FEES IN AKAGERA NATIONAL PARK
|Vehicle / Minibus (Rwandan/EAC registered)||10|
|Omnibus / bus / overlander (Rwa/EAC reg.)||20|
|Vehicle / Minibus (Foreign registered)||40|
|Omnibus / bus / overlander (Foreign reg.)||100|
GUIDES (PARN AND COMMUNITY FREELANCE)
|Guide for self-drive game drive||Per guide / ½ day||25|
|Guide for self-drive game drive||Per guide / full day||40|
|Children 6 – 12
|Night drive (operated by AMC)||pp/2.5hrs / vehicle, driver, guide/min. 2/max. 7||40||25|
|Fishing||Pp per day (own equipment)||25||15|
|Boat trip – scheduled morning/day||Price pp / 1 hrs / max. 11 pax||35||20|
|Boat trip – scheduled sunset trip||Price pp / 1 hrs / max. 11 pax||45||30|
|Boat trip – private, non-scheduled||Per boat / 1 hrs / max. 11 pax||180||–|
|Camping||Price pp / night||25||15|
|Behind the scenes tour||Price pp / min 4 pax / 1.5 hrs||25||15|
|Group rate for 8+ pax / 1.5 hrs||180||–|
|Game drive day (AMC operated)||½ day max. 5hrs/vehicle, driver, guide/max. 7||180||–|
|Full day / vehicle, driver, guide / max. 7 pax||280||–|
|Walk the Line||7km walk along the fence / min. 3 approx. 2 hrs||30||20|
|Community Cultural Experiences||Various activities offered / half day / min. 3 pax||30||20|
|Tent hire||Per 6-man (3m x 3m) canvas tent (south sites)||20|
|Recovery fee||Breakdown or assistance from the park||70|
|Recovery fee coasters||Breakdown or assistance from the park||150|
|Fines||For breaking any park rules & regulations||150|
|Landing fee||Per landing within Akagera||50|
|Research fee||Contact the management prior to any research||200|
|Ranger assistance fee||For researchers / per day / conditions apply*||25|
|Commercial filming / photography||Per day. Contact the park for all filming||300|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizen||Single pass||95,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizens||Couples pass||150,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizens||Family pass||205,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Resident||Single pass||300|
|Rwandan/EAC Residents||Couples pass||500|
|Rwandan/EAC Residents||Family pass||700|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
- Guides in Akagera national park picked up from the reception before 9am and returned to the same reception within 5 hours will be considered as ½ day activity, however guides picked up from reception after 9am will be charged for a full day, unless the guide is returned before 12 mid – day. Guides picked up after midday will be charged ½ day, guides picked up at the reception and travelling with guests during their safari in the park exit from the north and will be charged for a full day regardless of the time taken.
If you wish to exit from the north with a guide, please drop the guide off at Kayonza, they will then catch public transportation back to the park. Fees for the park guides’ transportation will be covered by the park. if you cannot drop the guides at Kayonza, you are required to cover their transportation fee from the north gate to Kayonza, this will not exceed 5,000 RWF. If a guide is requested to accompany a visitor to Karenge Bush Camp overnight, an additional fee of 20,000 RWF is applied to cater for the guides accommodation and food at Karenge.
- Entry Fee in Akagera national park is inclusive of a self drive game viewing and is payable by all day visitors or per night for overnight visitors staying inside the park, the fees reduces by 50% for the second and third nights and then free for any subsequent nights for up to one week. For example, for 1 night in the park and the 2 days either side the fee is payable once, for 2 nights it is payable twice with the second night reduced by 50%. Visitors staying outside the park are considered day visitors and will be required to pay the entry fee for day they enter the park.
- Children of 5 and under are free of charge, no entry fee or activities fees apply. Activity fees rates for children are applicable for visitors of 6 – 12 years. 13 year old visitors and above
- Residency status must be verified with documentation, if not international visitor fees may be charged
- Groups of Rwandan Nationals of more than 20 people receive a group discount of 20% off the normal entry fee price, 12,000 RWF for adults and 8,000 RWF for child.
- Game drives in Akagera national park are operated by AMC including the vehicle, driver and a guide. Pick-ups and drop-off locations are within the south of the park only, half day drives are from 6.30am – 11.30am in the morning and 12 – 5pm in the afternoon. Full day drives are from 30am – 5pm.
- Night game drives begin at 5:30 pm and end around 8 – 8.30pm, you will be picked up and dropped off at your accommodation facility, the night game drives are available in the south of the park.
- Boat trips are scheduled at the following times of the day
7:30 – 8:30 am
9:00 – 10:00 am
3:00 – 4:00 pm
4:30 – 6:00 pm (sunset trip)
- Private boat trips can be organised and are charged at a flat rate for the boat, not per person. These should be booked at non-scheduled times starting between 10.30am – 1.30pm.
- Annual passes in Akagera national park are available, these permit allow unlimited access for a one-off payment for a period of 1 year, single, couple and family annual passes are available. Annual pass fee include entry permits but do not include the vehicle fee or park activities. However, a 10% discount is offered on annual pass holders. Further terms and conditions apply and you are advised to read them carefully before purchasing an annual pass.
- Ranger assistance fees are required when researchers need to leave their vehicle for any reason for example to collect samples or set up research equipment among others. Rangers, food and transport for the day is to be provided by researcher. Rangers are available for any single researcher for a maximum of 4 conservative days and by prior arrangement only.
- Tent hire in the park does not include any beddings or camping equipment
- Modes of payment – cash at the park is accepted in USD, RWF, Euro and GBP. Current exchange rates are listed at the reception. USD notes issued prior to 2005 cannot be accepted.
- Activity bookings, Cancelations & Refund Policy