7 Days Kenya Wildlife Safari
7 Days Kenya Wildlife Safari is an adventure-filled trip to some of Kenya’s scenic wildlife viewing destinations across the rift valley escarpment, through the busy Nairobi city streets to the wilderness of different national parks and reserves such as Masai Mara national reserve, Lake Nakuru national park, Amboseli national park as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of 7 Days Kenya Wildlife Safari
- Day 1; pick up and night in Nairobi
- Day 2; drive to Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 3; morning and evening game drives in Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 4; drive to Lake Nakuru national park
- Day 5; drive to Amboseli national park
- Day 6; full day in Amboseli national park
- Day 7; morning game drive and departure
Day 1; Pick up and night in Nairobi
- Pick up and night in Nairobi: You will be picked up from the airport by your guide who will welcome you and you will have a short briefing about your safari on your way to your hotel for check in. Depending on your time of arrival, you will have a city tour and enjoy a guided drive around Nairobi city to see the different places and landmarks around the city and to interact with the locals, visit craft shops to see local art and craft work such as paintings, souvenirs, sculptures among others as you get a taste of the busy city life and engage in other activities.You will have your dinner and overnight at Mt Meru hotel.
Day 2; drive to Masai Mara national reserve
- drive to Masai Mara: After you have had your breakfast and checked out of your hotel in Nairobi city, your guide will drive you to one of the famous destinations in Kenya which is Masai Mara national reserve for an amazing and exciting wildlife viewing experience. During your drive to Masai Mara national reserve, you will enjoy views of the rift valley escarpment as you drive through Kenya’s scenic highlands. You will have a stopover in Narok town to have a cultural experience of the Masai culture as you interact with the local community and get to know their traditions and way of life, watch traditional dance performances, see local art and craft work such as beaded jewelry in different patterns and colors. You will proceed to Masai Mara national reserve where you will see different wildlife species grazing in the nearby savannah plains as you continue your drive to your lodge for check in as you prepare to have your dinner and to spend the night at Sentrim Mara camp.
Day 3; morning and evening game drives in Masai Mara national reserve
- morning game drives: You will start your day with breakfast served at your lodge as you prepare to go for your morning game drive in Masai Mara national reserve. During your game drive, you will see a variety of wildlife species such as the predators like lions, leopards, cheetahs as well as other wildlife species like elephants, buffalos, hartebeest, zebras, antelopes as well as wildebeest which are among the spectacular sights at this destination especially during the time of the wildebeest migration as large numbers of wildebeest move around the savannah plains in search of greener pastures.
- evening game drive: Lunch will be served at your lodge after your morning game drive and this will be followed with another game drive later in the evening to explore more of the wilderness of Masai Mara national reserve which is also known for sightings of the big five which includes elephants, lions, leopards, buffaloes, and rhinos. You will return to your lodge where your dinner will be served and you will spend the night in the comfort of your lodge at Sentrim Mara Camp.
Day 4; drive to Lake Nakuru national park
- drive to Lake Nakuru: You will have breakfast at your lodge in Masai Mara national reserve and then check out of the lodge as you continue your journey to Lake Nakuru national park across the rift valley escarpment as you enjoy the beautiful scenery around you. You will have an en route game drive during which you will see wildlife species such as giraffes, rhinos, gazelles, buffalos, antelopes, reedbucks, elands, impalas among others.
- game drive in Lake Nakuru: Lunch will be served at your lodge after check in and after lunch, you will have another game drive in Lake Nakuru national park and you will visit the flamingo filled Lake Nakuru which is a good birding spot to see flocks of flamingos along the lake shores as well as other bird species and wildlife species grazing in the nearby plains. You will be driven back to your lodge after your evening game drive to have your dinner and overnight at Lake Nakuru flamingo lodge.
Day 5; drive to Amboseli national park
- drive to Amboseli: Breakfast will be served before you check out of your lodge in Lake Nakuru national park and continue your drive to Amboseli national park through the rift valley escarpment with views of the beautiful Lake Naivasha as you proceed to Nairobi where you will have a stopover for lunch.
- game viewing experience: After you have had your lunch, you will continue your drive to Amboseli national park where you will have an en-route game viewing experience to see wildlife species along the way such as herds of elephants which this national park is known for having and you will also enjoy views of Mt Kilimanjaro on your way to your lodge for check-in and to have your dinner and to also spend the night at Ol Tukai lodge.
Day 6; Full day in Amboseli national park
- Full day in Amboseli: Your full-day adventure in Amboseli national park will begin with breakfast at your lodge and then your guide will drive you around the wilderness of the national park as you search for the different wildlife species such as lions, leopards, cheetahs, hippos, zebras, gazelles, kudu, giraffes, elands as well as various bird species.
- wildlife viewing experience: You will be driven back to your lodge for your lunch and after lunch; you will have another wildlife viewing experience and to enjoy photography as you catch sight of the beautiful sunset with the back drop of Mt Kilimanjaro. After your evening game drive, you will return to your lodge for your dinner and overnight at Ol Tukai lodge.
Day 7; morning game drive and departure
- morning game drive and departure: On the last day of your safari, you will have your breakfast and then you will check out of the lodge as you prepare to have your morning game drive in Amboseli national park to catch sight of different wildlife species and then continue your journey back to Nairobi where you will be dropped off by your guide at the airport or at your preferred location which will bring your safari to an end.
End of 7 Days Kenya Wildlife Safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all-day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide/driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes
- hotel accommodation before/after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities