7 Day Kenya and Tanzania Safari
7 days Kenya and Tanzania safari is a trip to different destinations across borders of Kenya and Tanzania to attraction sites such as Masai Mara national reserve and Serengeti national park to look out for the famous big five which can be seen at these destinations as well as Ngorongoro conservation area and also a visit to an elephant orphanage in Nairobi as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of 7 Day Kenya and Tanzania Safari
- Day 1; pick up and drive to Sheldrick Wildlife Trust orphanage
- Day 2: Nairobi to Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 3: Full Day at Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 4: Transfer from Masai Mara national reserve to Serengeti National Park
- Day 5: Full day at the Serengeti National Park
- Day 6: drive from Serengeti Plains to Ngorongoro conservation area
- Day 7; transfer to Arusha
Day 1; pick up and drive to Sheldrick Wildlife Trust orphanage
- pick up: You will be met by our driver guide who will brief you through the 7 days Kenya and Tanzania safari. After you have been briefed about your safari, you will be driven to the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust orphanage located south of Nairobi city to spend time with baby elephants as you watch as they are being fed and as they play around their muddy habitat.
- drive to Sheldrick Wildlife Trust: After this experience, you will be driven to your hotel in Nairobi for check in and to have your lunch. You will have a city tour around Nairobi city after lunch to see different places around the city such as craft shops, the local museum, among others. Dinner and overnight will be at Nairobi uphill hotel.
Day 2: Nairobi to Masai Mara national reserve
- Nairobi to Masai Mara national reserve: After the breakfast at your hotel in Nairobi, you will check out of the hotel and then continue your drive to the Masai Mara national reserve. You will be driven by your guide through different villages as you enjoy the beautiful scenery around such as the rift valley escarpment as you drive through Kenya’s highlands.
- You will have a brief stop in Narok town to interact with the local community which consists of the Maasai people who have a unique and colorful culture which can be seen in their traditional dances, way of dressing, local arts and craft work such as beaded necklaces, earrings among others. You will continue your journey to Masai Mara national reserve after this experience and you will have your late lunch.
- You will have an evening game drive in Masai Mara national reserve where you will search for different wildlife species in the open savannah plains such as the big five which include lions, leopards, elephants buffalos, rhinos. Dinner and overnight will be at Sentrim Mara camp.
Day 3: Full Day at Maasai Mara national reserve
- Full Day at Maasai Mara: Breakfast will be served at your lodge as you prepare to have a morning wildlife viewing adventure in Masai Mara national reserve. You will see a variety of wildlife species during your morning game drive such as elands, cheetahs, zebras, giraffes, kudus, hartebeests as well as wildebeests which are a wonderful sight to see especially during the wildebeest migration where the wildebeests can be seen in big numbers as they graze around the savannah plains of the national reserve.
- You will return to your lodge for lunch after your morning game drive and to also relax in the comfort of your lodge. Your dinner will be served at your lodge after you have engaged in another game drive later in the evening as you look out for the predators and enjoy the sunset. You will spend the night as the day before at Sentrim Mara camp.
Day 4: Transfer from Masai Mara national reserve to Serengeti National Park
- Transfer from Masai Mara to Serengeti: On the 4th day of your safari, you will rise up early as you prepare for your drive to Serengeti national park. You will have an en route game drive in the Masai Mara national reserve and you will transfer through the Isebania border where you will finish the necessary customs clearances and then continue your drive to Serengeti national park for more wildlife viewing experiences during which you will look out for wildlife species such as the big five.
- You will check in at your lodge in Serengeti national park and you will have your late lunch and dinner and overnight will be at Osinon camps and lodges.
Day 5: Full day at the Serengeti National Park
- Full day at the Serengeti: Your full day of driving in the open savannah of Serengeti national park will start with breakfast served at your lodge and then you will proceed to explore the wilderness of the national park. You will see a variety of wildlife species such as predators like lions, leopards, cheetahs on granite rock outcrops also known as kopjes. Other wildlife species you will see during your game drives include waterbucks, wildebeests, hippos, antelopes, zebras, buffalos, rhinos, giraffes and different bird species.
- You will have lunch at your lodge after your morning game drive. Another game drive will be in the evening after you have rested as you look out for more wildlife and bird species in the wilderness of Serengeti national park. Dinner and overnight will be as the night before at Osinon camps and lodges.
Day 6: drive from Serengeti Plains to Ngorongoro conservation area
- drive from Serengeti: After an early breakfast, you will check out of your lodge and then proceed for another game viewing experience at the Ngorongoro crater area. You will see different attractions such as Olduvai Gorge which is an archaeological site with evidence of human evolution discovered by Dr. Louis and Mary Leakey. You will have lunch before descending to the Ngorongoro crater to enjoy a wildlife viewing experience.
- You will enjoy the beautiful scenery as you explore the Ngorongoro crater and during this experience, you will also see a variety of wildlife species in the crater which include wildebeests, zebras, buffalos, elands, warthogs, hippos, elephants as well as predators such as lions, leopards, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs among others. Lake Magadi is another attraction which is found in the Ngorongoro conservation area where you will see hippos as well as other bird species like flamingos. After this experience, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Hhando Coffee Lodge.
Day 7; transfer to Arusha
- transfer to Arusha: On the last day of your safari, you will start with breakfast at your lodge before checking out of the lodge. You will proceed to Arusha where your guide will drop you off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your safari.
End of 7 Day Kenya and Tanzania Safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide / driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
- Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
- Concession fees
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before / after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities