2 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari
2 Days Rwanda gorilla trekking safari: This 2 days Rwanda gorilla trekking safari is a shortest primate Rwanda safari that will take primate lovers on a short trip to spend one hour with the endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitats within Volcanoes national park. Volcanoes national park is one of the most visited national park in Rwanda and the only destination for gorilla trekking in Rwanda the land of a thousand hills with other gorilla families being protected in Virunga national park in Democratic Republic of Congo and in Uganda the pearl of Africa within Bwindi impenetrable national park and Mgahinga gorilla national park. This 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari starts from Kigali with a city tour then connects to Volcanoes national park for a thrilling gorilla trekking adventure and again ends in Kigali Rwanda for departures. The Packing list for this 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari include; a Rwanda gorilla trekking permit, long sleeved attire, a cap, insect repellant, sun glasses, a rain jacket, garden gloves, enough drinking water and a lunchbox.
Highlights of 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari
- Day 1: Kigali city tour and transfer to Volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri
- Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking and return to Kigali for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Kigali city tour and transfer to Volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri
- Kigali city tour and transfer to Volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri: On day 1 of 2 days Rwanda gorilla trekking safari, be ready to be picked up from either your hotel in Kigali or at Kigali international airport by our company representative who will introduce himself to you and will be your Rwanda safari guide for the 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari. You will be briefed about the dos, don’ts and expectations while on this gorilla safari in the land of a thousand hills as you embark on a Kigali city tour depending on the time of the day since you have to drive to Ruhengeri to Volcanoes national park for overnight. You will visit some of the most visited places in Kigali city including Kimironko Market, Kigali Genocide memorial sites, and craft shops for some souvenirs that you will need while on your gorilla trekking adventure. After city tour, you will enjoy your lunch and start the journey to Ruhengeri where you will visit the park headquarters for Volcanoes national park, obtain gorilla trekking permit and head to your booked lodge for dinner and overnight as you close the 1st day of 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking and return to Kigali for departures
- Rwanda mountain gorilla trekking and departures: On day 2 of 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari, wake as early as 6:00am in the morning for breakfast at your lodge in Volcanoes national park then pack your snacks, enough drinking water and dress up in your best gorilla trekking gear as you meet your driver for a transfer to the park headquarters for a pre gorilla briefing. During the briefing, you will be informed about the dos and don’ts and possible expectations while in the habitat of endangered mountain gorillas. After briefing, you will hire a porter to assist you in carrying an extra backpack and set off amidst tight protection of the armed rangers and you penetrate the forest in search of the gorillas in the wilderness of Volcanoes national park. This trek will last from 30 minutes to 7 hours depending on how fast the trekkers move in favor of the slowest trekker in the group, the movement of the gorillas also affects the trekking time and the nature of the terrains. After finding the gorilla family, you will be allowed for one hour to view the gorilla family, take photographs and ask as many questions as you can as long as they are related to gorillas. As one hour elapses, trek back to meet your safari driver for a drive back to your lodge for lunch then finally check out of the lodge and embark on the drive from Volcanoes national park back to Kigali for either hotel drop off or airport drop off for departures depending on your next plan.
- Note: In case you miss the city tour on day 1 then this is the right time to do it before departures as the Kigali city has a lot of eye catching attractions worth a visit on a Rwanda safari.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
END OF 2 DAYS RWANDA GORILLA TREKKING SAFARI
Inclusive in 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari
- Rwanda gorilla trekking permit
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- An English speaking safari guide/ driver
- All meals as per itinerary
- Accommodation for one night
- Enough bottled drinking water
- All mentioned activities including Gorilla trekking and Kigali city tour
Exclusive in 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari
- Optional activities
- Additional accommodation
- Rwanda Visa and air ticket
- Other drinks other than water
- Porter hire
- Life insurance