10 Days Best of East Africa safari
10 Days Best of East Africa safari: 10 days of exploring different destinations around East Africa starting from the famous northern tourism circuit of Tanzania at wildlife viewing destinations such as Lake Manyara national park and Serengeti national park and also a visit to Masai Mara national reserve in south western Kenya and finally a gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park to see the different attractions and to engage in a variety of activities as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of 10 Days Best of East Africa safari
- Day 1: pick up and drive to Lake Manyara national park
- Day 2: Morning game drive and drive to Serengeti national park
- Day 3: Morning and evening game drive in Serengeti national park
- Day 4: Transfer to Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 5: Full day in Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 6: drive to Lake Nakuru national park
- Day 7: drive to Nairobi and flight to Entebbe airport
- Day 8: drive to Bwindi national park
- Day 9: Gorilla trekking
- Day 10: Departure
Day 1; pick up and drive to Lake Manyara national park
- pick up: You will be picked up from the airport by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about your safari. After your briefing, you will be driven to Lake Manyara with a stop in Mto wa Mbu town for a cultural experience with the Masai community. During your cultural visit, you will watch traditional dance performances, see local art and craftwork, and also listen to folk stories.
- drive to Lake Manyara: You will proceed to Lake Manyara national park where you will check-in at the lodge and have your lunch. After your lunch, you will engage in a game drive to explore the wilderness of the national park as you search for the tree-climbing lions known for being spotted in the trees as well as other wildlife species grazing in the plains such as leopards, giraffes, zebras, antelopes, gazelles, kudus, elephants, buffalos among others. You will be driven to your lodge for dinner and to spend the night after your game drive.
Day 2; morning game drive and drive to Serengeti national park
- morning game drive: On the second day of your safari, after breakfast served at your lodge, you will check out and then continue for a morning game drive in Lake Manyara national park to see wildlife species which are active in the morning and easier to spot. You will continue your drive to Serengeti national park where you will check-in at your lodge for your lunch.
- drive to Serengeti: After lunch, you will have a visit to the retina hippo pool to watch the hippos swimming in the pool in many numbers. You will also have a guided nature walk to get a close encounter with your surroundings in Serengeti national park as you enjoy the sunset. Your guide will drive you back to your lodge where you will have your dinner and overnight.
Day 3; morning and evening game drive in Serengeti national park
- morning game drive: You will start your day with breakfast at your lodge before heading out for your morning game viewing experience in Serengeti national park to explore the Seronera area which is known for big numbers of predators such as lions, leopards, and cheetahs that hunt prey like wildebeests, zebras, antelopes, giraffes, buffalos, waterbucks, kudus, hartebeests among others.
- Evening game drive: lunch will be served at your lodge after your morning game viewing experience. You will have another game drive in the evening to look out for other wildlife species as you drive through the different tracks in the open savannah plains of Serengeti national park. You will see the different kopjes in the national park where lions sit and watch their prey and these kopjes include the Masai kopjes, Moru kopjes, Simba kopjes. You will return to your lodge after your game drive for your dinner and to spend the night in the comfort of your lodge.
Day 4; transfer to Masai Mara national reserve
- transfer to Masai Mara: On day 4 of your 10 Days Best of East Africa safari, You will have breakfast before checking out of your lodge in Serengeti national park as you prepare for your drive to Masai Mara national reserve in the south western part of Kenya known for the big five. After clearing with customs at the Isebania border, you will cross to Masai Mara national reserve and your guide will drive you to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Full day in Masai Mara national reserve
- full day in Masai Mara: Wake up for breakfast which will be served at your lodge and you will proceed for your morning game drive in Masai Mara national reserve where you will follow different routes as you search for wildlife species such as elephants, buffalos, rhinos, leopards, lions, wildebeests, giraffes, antelopes, hyenas, warthogs, kudus as well as different bird species.
- Your lunch will be served at your lodge after your return from the morning game drive. After lunch, you will have another game drive to experience other parts of Masai Mara national reserve as you search for wildlife species in the savannah plains as you enjoy photography and also watch the beautiful sunset. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge as the day before.
Day 6; drive to Lake Nakuru national park
- drive to Lake Nakuru: You will have breakfast before you check out of your lodge ahead of your drive to Lake Nakuru national park. You will have a stop in Narok town for a cultural experience with the Masai people who have a unique culture and are very hospitable as they perform their traditional dances, listen to folk stories, and get to know more about their nomadic way of life.
- You will continue your drive to Lake Nakuru national park where you will check in and have lunch. Later in the evening, you will visit Lake Nakuru which is famous for its flamingos which can be seen along the shores of the lake in big numbers as well as other bird species and wildlife grazing in the nearby plains. You will return to your lodge for dinner and to spend the night.
Day 7; drive to Nairobi and flight to Entebbe airport
- drive to Nairobi: After you have had your early breakfast at your lodge in Lake Nakuru national park, you will check out and your guide will drive you to the airport for your flight to Entebbe international airport.
- flight to Entebbe airport: On arrival in Entebbe, you will be picked up by your Ugandan guide who will welcome you and drive you to your hotel for your dinner and overnight.
Day 8; drive to Bwindi national park
- drive to Bwindi: You will have breakfast early in the morning before checking out of your hotel in Entebbe and continuing your drive to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park. You will have a stopover in Mbarara town where you will have your lunch and a short drive around the town. After lunch, you will continue your drive to Bwindi national park where you will check-in at your lodge. You will have an optional community visit to interact with the Batwa people who are the local community who live near the forest. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge.
Day 9; gorilla trekking
- gorilla trekking: Breakfast will be served early before you are driven to the park headquarters of Bwindi impenetrable forest for your briefing about gorilla trekking. After your briefing, you will proceed to walk into the forest following different trails in search of the gorillas in the impenetrable forest. You will also see a variety of bird species during your gorilla trekking activity during which you will be allowed to spend about 1 hour with the gorillas. After this experience, you will return to the briefing point where you guide will be waiting to drive you back to your lodge for dinner and to spend the night as the day before.
Day 10; departure
- Departure: You will have your breakfast on the last day of your 10 Days Best of East Africa safari before checking out of your lodge in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park ahead of your journey back to Entebbe where you will be dropped off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your safari.
End of the 10 Days Best of East Africa safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all-day game drives as per sample itinerary
- gorilla trekking permit
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide/driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before / after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities