2 Days Akagera National Park Wildlife safari
2 Days Akagera National Park Wildlife safari: This 2 days Akagera national park wildlife safari is indeed one of the best wildlife viewing safaris in Rwanda the land of a thousand hills. Akagera national park is the most stunning savanna park in Rwanda that thrills with the best vegetation cover which harbor several wildlife species including the Big 5 game (Elephants, Lions, Buffaloes, Giraffes, and Rhinos), other mammals including Impalas, elands, zebras, hippos, crocodiles and several species of birds all encountered while on a game drive and boat cruise adventures in Akagera national park. This 2 days Akagera wildlife safari includes 2 days and one night excursion best for both the budget and luxury travelers on a Rwanda safari starting and ending in Kigali the capital city of Rwanda.
Highlights of 2 days Akagera national park wildlife safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Akagera national park for afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema
- Day 2: Morning game drive and Return to Kigali
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Akagera national park for afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema
- Transfer to Akagera national park and enjoy an afternoon boat cruise: On the 1st day of 2 days Akagera wildlife safari, expect our company representative to pick you from a hotel in Kigali at around 8:00am and be driven to Akagera national park which is about 3 hours’ drive from Kigali. Upon arrival at the park, proceed to check in at your booked lodge, have lunch and embark on an afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema which is one of the most beautiful lakes in Rwanda. During the cruise, look out for several wildlife along the lake shores including the mammals that visit the lake in search of drinking water such as Hippos, buffaloes and other aquatic wildlife such as crocodiles, water birds among others that will make your afternoon a memorable one. After the boat cruise, meet your safari driver and embark on an evening game drive within the park to watch the nocturnal wildlife and hunter that are always seen returning from their hiding places as the sun goes down as you return to lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Morning game drive and Return to Kigali
- Morning game drive and drive back to Kigali for departures: Arise early for breakfast on this day 2 of 2 days Akagera wildlife safari. As soon as you are done with breakfast, you will head out for a half day game drive in Akagera national park where you will explore different parts of the park while viewing variety wildlife including grazing mammals such as Hippos, Elephants, hunters and carnivores such as Lions, leopards, hyenas, and several species of birds as they sing sweet melodies in tree branches. After spending about 4-5 hours on a game drive, return to the lodge for an early lunch, freshen up and check out of your lodge to start the road drive back to Kigali.
- As soon as you get to Kigali, have a city tour to visit Kigali genocide memorial sites, kimironko market, and craft shops among others then be transferred to your finally drop off location either at a hotel where you were picked on the 1st day or direct to Kigali international airport to catch your flight to the next destination or back home according to your next move.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
END OF 2 DAYS AKAGERA NATIOANL PARK WILDLIFE SAFARI
Inclusive in 2 days Akagera wildlife safari
- Pick up and drop off
- A 4×4 safari vehicle for ground transportation
- Akagera national Park entrance fees
- An English speaking safari driver / guide
- All inclusive activities
- Accommodations for 1 night in Akagera national park
- All meals as mentioned in the Itinerary
- Enough bottled drinking water throughout the safari
Exclusive in 2 days Akagera wildlife safari
- International travel expenses such as Air ticket and Rwanda Visa
- Tips to the driver /guide
- Additional accommodation if any
- Life Insurance while on safari
- Laundry fees
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages apart from water
- Optional activities
- All other expenses of personal nature such as airtime, emails, crafts, cigarettes and many more.